Inspiring HR believes in empowering small businesses with the knowledge and tools to simplify human resources. We’re here to un-complicate the complicated and help small business owners improve their business performance and bottom lines.
Recently, the RVA Small Business Show invited Inspiring HR’s founder and Chief Inspiration Officer (CIO) Mindy Flanigan to share her insight and expertise on why a strong HR foundation is critical for small businesses.
Why You Should Watch
In just 16 minutes, you can learn how a solid HR infrastructure can help your small business and improve employee experience. Mindy’s warm and approachable style makes even complex HR topics feel like a friendly conversation.
Watch the video interview to learn more about the impact and importance of HR, especially as you navigate:
- Legal Compliance and Risk Management: Key regulations and labor laws that impact your small business, from hiring practices to workplace safety.
- Workplace Culture: Fostering a positive and inclusive workplace culture starts with HR, including team building, communication strategies, and employee engagement. Employees who feel valued and engaged are motivated to perform at their best. This helps boost retention rates and foster a positive work environment for all.
- Recruiting: Finding the right person for the right role is critical for a business to thrive. With remote work, it’s hard to be competitive across the country and align with different regulations that vary from state to state.
- Conflict Resolution: A strong HR foundation can help address some of the inevitable workplace conflicts before they escalate.
Ready for some HR wisdom? You can watch the RVA Small Business Show’s featured interview with Mindy.
A strong HR infrastructure depends on 3 key components:
- Clear policies and procedures are behind a strong HR foundation. An employee handbook is never done.
- Effective communication is critical to building trust and fostering a culture of collaboration.
- Training and development plans can not only improve productivity and talent but it also helps employees feel more engaged, helping with retention.
Even if your small business doesn’t have an in-house HR professional, you still have HR needs! Fractional HR can be a solution with a dedicated HR consultant who understands your brand, your values, and your company culture without the cost of hiring an HR professional. They can help you build your HR foundation and be your HR thought leadership partner.
Inspiring HR is here to help you confidently scale your company as you navigate the maze of HR. Contact a consultant today to elevate your HR knowledge, enhance your business practices, and set the stage for lasting success.
How’s Your HR? You may need an HR check-up! In less than 10 minutes, you can get a snapshot of your current HR baseline and suggested next steps.
For more on HR for small businesses, the Inspiring HR blog offers helpful tips, industry
updates, and more.