We see combating racism and the importance of diversity, equality, and inclusion as a way of life, not an initiative.
As HR professionals, we believe in and nurture equality, striving to create a workplace free of all forms of discrimination. We work every day to identify and resolve inequities, uphold company values, and create a culture that is free of racism, bias, hatred, and any other negative forces that seek to divide rather than unite. We recognize that we all have different experiences and perspectives, and do not always feel safe, secure, or confident enough to speak up or speak out.
It’s time. It’s time to be braver and vulnerable. It’s time to stand up and show up.
It’s time to listen and learn, so that we can move from sympathy to empathy to impact.
Structural racism impacting the black community must stop and we are inspired to work within our community to be agents of change, so all can live and work in a fair and equitable society. Black lives matter.
While this is a painful moment for our nation, we must remember that pain provides enormous opportunity for individuals and organizations to positively affect change for this country that we love.
Inspiring HR, at its core, believes that continuous progress means nothing is ever completed; that change is not an event. It is ongoing and “we are all in this together.” What is important is not what we are willing to say, but what we are willing and inspired to do and keep doing.
- We will embrace the importance of being positive leaders and powerful allies in the workplace, as well as in our personal lives.
- We will keep improving on our active listening skills and embrace opportunities to have hard conversations, so that we can better understand the experiences of others.
- We will continue training ourselves and others on conscious inclusion, as well as how to eliminate racism, and assist all those we work with to recognize bias and choose inclusion.
- We will keep advocating for the elimination of racism and all other forms of discrimination and work to amplify those inspiring voices that seek to root them out of our society.
- Through our annual giving efforts, we will select and donate monetarily to causes that do the important work of advocating for the oppressed and seeking equality and justice.
We publicly share our commitment to listen to, learn from, support, and join those who are continually working to confront and abolish racial inequity and injustice as an effort to better hold ourselves accountable. As always, we welcome your comments, suggestions, criticism, and most of all, your participation.